For over 50 years, Montgomery Early Learning Centers’ (MELC) mission has been to develop, provide, and advocate for high quality early childhood education, school age programs and related services in support of all children. With 17 sites and 250 employees, MELC serves over 1,400 families in Philadelphia and Montgomery counties. Our curriculum and programs are innovative and creative and we are dedicated to our philosophy – learning through play is most effective!
Early Childhood Education programs are comprised of infant, toddler, preschool, and pre-k classrooms including Early Head Start, Head Start and Pre-K Counts. School Age programs provide before and after school care to children in the Colonial, Jenkintown, Lower Merion, and Pottstown school districts. Additionally, the Lower Merion School Age Program offers Kindergarten Jr. and Kindergarten Enrichment programs.
Unique to a child care provider, MELC has our own professional development and technical assistance unit, Professional Development (PD) Dimensions. PD Dimensions ensures that our teachers have all of the current tools and resources to provide the highest quality of care and education to our children.
MELC’s focus is on providing the highest quality care and education. All of our programs participate in Keystone STARS and have a STAR 3 or 4 rating. MELC is also nationally recognized by organizations including National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) and Council on Accreditation (COA). We are also members of Pennsylvania Child Care Association (PACCA) and Early Care and Education Consortium (ECEC).
Careers at MELC
Our teachers are our greatest asset and critical to offering the best possible care to the children and families we serve. We strive to support, nurture and care for our employees by offering comprehensive professional development services, career advancement and competitive salary and benefits.
We offer Assistant and Lead Teacher full and part time classroom positions, as well as full time Administration, Program Director, Center Director, Assistant Center Director and Office Manager opportunities.
Health Insurance and Wellness Plan:
- Medical and Dental: full-time employees are eligible for a number of medical and dental options to ensure you can be at your healthiest self. Comprehensive health insurance coverage options include doctor’s office visits, dental visits, preventive care (with opportunities for health risk assessments and wellness programs), hospitalization, inpatient and outpatient services, mental health and substance abuse treatment, urgent/emergency care, and prescription drug coverage. Medical options vary by region. We also provide affordable healthcare coverage for family members.
- Vision Plan: a comprehensive and affordable eye care plan covers routine exams to maintain eyesight and detect potentially serious health conditions including glaucoma and diabetes (U.S. only).
- Same Sex Domestic Partner Benefits: qualified same sex partners are eligible for medical, dental, vision, and voluntary life insurance
- Healthcare/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account: optional account reserving pre-tax dollars (up to $2500/year) for out-of-pocket healthcare costs.
Work/ Life Balance: Paid Time Off/Family Members Benefits
- Paid Holiday, Vacation, & Sick Time: time off options to help employees manage time away from work for personal, family, or medical responsibilities include paid holiday, vacation, and sick time; available to all fulltime employees.
- WellBeing Help Center (EAP): to help employees reduce stress and manage life issues outside of work, a comprehensive support system offers 24/7 assistance with many areas of daily life. Get support referrals for personal problems, event planning, or general life management issues.
- Life, Accident, & Disability Insurance: financial security in the event of an accident or illness.
- Child Care Discount: discounted child care to support families with young children. Dependent care tuition can also be paid on a pretax basis.
Retirement Plan & Financial Planning
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: retirement savings plan helps employees build their financial future by offering savings on a pre-tax basis. MELC matches a portion of every eligible dollar saved.
|Site Supervisor||Full Time||Colonial|
|School Age PT Asst Teachers||Part Time||Lower Merion|
|Group Supervisor||Full Time||Lower Merion|
|School Age PT Asst Teachers||Part Time||Colonial|
|Center Director||Full Time||West Philadelphia|
|Older Toddler Lead Teacher||Full Time||West Philadelphia|
|Part time Assistant Teacher||Part Time||West Philadelphia|
|Family Advocate||Full Time||South Philadelphia|
||Part Time||South Philadelphia|
|Young Toddler Lead Teacher||Full Time||West Philadelphia|
|Assistant Teacher||Part/Full Time||Narberth|